A land engulfed in mystery, inhabited by vibrant people zealously guarding their culture -Dancers, warriors, Headhunters, Mountain, valley, forests. From extreme mystery to hosting a globally famous cultural festival, Nagaland has come a long way over the years and etched a name for itself in the world,s tourist map destination. The best time to visit Nagaland are between October and may. Nagaland is easily accessible by roadways and Airways. The nearest airport to its capital Kohima is Dimapur Airport.
Arrive Dimapur. Met on arrival and drive (74 km) to Kohima, Enroute stop at Zubza check post 16 km before Kohima. Later on arrival in Kohima checkin at the hotel Japfu and have lunch. In the afternoon visit to Nagaland Emporium.
Day for visiting various villages around Kohima and preparation for trek. Overnight stay in hotel.
After Morning breakfast drive (22 km) to Zakhama Checkpost. The trek follows a Jeepable road for first 2 km. and then trek steeply to the ridge top. From ridge descend to Dzukou Valley.
Explore the Valley. Dzukou is known for its bio-diversity. During summer many varieties of flowers sprout along the stream passing through the valley. In monsoon, whole valley is full of flowers like Lillies, Euphorbias and hundreds of other flowers. Rhododendrons of different colors adorn the surrounding hills. Enjoy picnic lunch in the far end of valley. Return to Trekkers Hut for overnight stay.
After the morning breakfast starts return trek towards ridge over Viswema village. From ridge descent steeply to road below. From road drive to Viswema village and trek further to the base of Japfu base.
Very early morning start climbing to Japfu Peak. At 3048 mt. this offers splendid view of surrounding valley including Dzukou Valley. You can also see the tallest Rhododendron tree in world (109 feet) in Japfu range. After spending some time return to Viswema village and drive to Kohima.
After Morning breakfast transfer to Dimapur and fly to Kolkata. Met on arrival at Kolkata airport and transfer to hotel for overnight stay.
- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis.
- Meal Plan ( Breakfast+ Dinner)
- Exclusive Non a/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing.
- All permit fees & hotel taxes (as per itinerary).
- GST 5% Included
- Driver allowance
- Air Fare/Train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity. Mineral/soft/hard drinks, rafting.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of the vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Guide charges & Entrance Fees.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances, etc (to be borne by the client, who is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to an increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Anything which is not included in the inclusion.